Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year, Right?

I feel like this past week I have been in a fog, Getting a cold on the 2nd day of the new year and still feeling the effects.
We got Gloria sent home on Sunday, by her own accounts a 7 day visit is all she should do and I am in total agreement. She is very much used to moving about at her pace and her time clock, which is about 7 hours later than the rest of the world!
It really was a nice visit and we had a nice holiday, but I am glad it is over. I am looking forward to time being spent with Jen, Chris and Avery, Brad, Mary Catherine and Matilda.
I also need to think about getting time with my own Mother. I have spent a lot of time with Gloria over the past couple of years and I really want to pay attention to my Mom a bit. I just have to figure out how. I also would love some alone time with my husband and again, HOW??
Oh well I have a good feeling we will change our situation this year. I am sure it will mean a move but we all know in our lovely economy you go where you work. We have been apart for a full year and it is enough! So think positive thoughts.

to all
{hugs}

5 comments:

ellen said...

Here's to good things in '09 :-)

Kim said...

I know how ya feel! Being apart, while ok for a short time, is not ok for long term, it just plain stinks! I hope you guys are able to make it work this year!! Love and miss you!

Trish Fahner Photography said...

Let's hope the New Year is good for all of us! It must be a blue day today. I miss my daughter and my 2 grandkids like crazy. I wish I could just get in the car and stop over for a visit. It is what it is and I can't change that. Feel better!

The Lowe Family said...

Only 1 more week till our visit!!! We are so excited!

Carol said...

I have a good feeling about your situation, too. You guys will be living back together this year for sure!!! It will be a Happy New Year.