Saturday, March 5, 2011

Alex...

On our way home from hockey last night we had a talk about Kev, Alex is just so excepting. She said she spoke with a guy at school about moving to VA after this school year, he asked her for the reason, she told him. He then went on to tell her he has never been in touch with his father and how he wished he had any kind of relationship with him.
She does feel lucky that she had Kev for 16 years...she said he gave her a lifetime of love in that time. I think she is so smart to feel that. I feel like she and Kev got cheated. He of all people wanted to see her grow up and what she would become.
She is also lucky because she says she feels him near her, I can't say that. I don't have that same believe system, at least not yet.
She wants to travel and I hope she gets the opportunity and makes that happen in her life.
I am glad I have her with me, she is a great kid and such a huge part of who Kev was.

2 comments:

The Lowe Family said...

I am and have always been envious of the relationship alex and kev had. She has been so lucky to have known unconditional love from both her parents, and to have that taken away so abruptly makes me so sad for her. It is because of the way you both parented Alex, that I looked for a partner that I knew would love my children unconditionally. You both were an inspiration for how a loving family unit should function. I know that Alex will succeed in whatever she sets out to do because of how strong she is, and I am so glad you have each other to get through the road ahead. I love you both so much...

Carol said...

She is a very lucky girl. For her to be able to feel that and know how much her father loved her is a very special thing. She's a great kid and will grow in to a wonderful, caring, funny and loving adult.